Why cellulose works so well in attics
- A monolithic layer across the attic provides excellent creates a solid barrier against interior heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer.
- Unlike mineral fibers blowing wool, Carolina Fibers cellulose creates a strong fiber matrix. It’s a monolithic seal reduces airflow within the insulation and since insulation works by trapping heat in unmoving air it’s a key performance characteristic.
- Unlike mineral fiber batts, Carolina Fibers cellulose encases wiring, pipes, and ducts so it doesn’t lose R-value by compressing around attic systems and framing.
Wall System Applications
Why cellulose works so well in walls
- Cellulose completely fills each wall cavity, shutting down heat leakage that can occur with blanket insulations. No gaps between the insulation and studs and wall surfaces; and there’s no compression around pipes, wiring or electrical boxes.
- Cellulose also eliminates the possibility of poorly cut mineral fiber batts not filling the total cavity.
- Mineral wool batts can have lower R-values than stated due to compression in the wall space. Cellulose has a fixed installed density that ensures finished installation is the claimed R-value.
- Cellulose’s fiber matrix reduces moving air within the insulation. Since insulation works by trapping heat in unmoving air it’s a key performance characteristic
Carolina Precision Fibers – Exceptional Partner
- Optimal Fiber Management (OPM) – controls the materials and manufacturing processes ensuring the highest and most consistent insulation coverage. Premium paper, exact milling and minimally compressed packaging provide the best applied densities on the job.
- Best-in-market technical ensures the efficient and low cost product application in the plant and on the jobsite.
Click here to see GREENSHIELD insulation products.